What I have been reading is that a good way to develop more intimacy with God in prayer is to talk to God as you would with a friend. Tell the Lord about what happened in the last day – how you felt, what happened, what you thought. Let us try doing that more if we have not been. I’m interested to know what sort of difference it makes. Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj says this was a big part of how Jesus prayed for hours with the Father, and that it was one of the keys to their close relationship. It sounds right. After all, by exposing our thoughts and feelings to people, this is how we develop a friendship with them – so why should it not be so with the LORD also?
About The Author
Michael is the founder of christian-faith.com and New Hope TV, is married to Marilena, has two girls, is a former school teacher in Australia, does business at times, and pastors a small home church. Support Michael's mission work here - paypal link.
July 17, 2015
September 3, 2013
February 15, 2007
February 27, 2013
Telegram Prayer and Ministry Group
Join Michael's Prayer and Ministry Group on Telegram.
Receive Email Updates
Your Financial Gifts will really Make a Difference. Join our Cause. Learn More
- Answered Prayer when we pray together and have harmony
- Praying for Others is the First Thing Churches Should Do
- Prayer is the Main Deal – video
- Prayer is More Important than Christian Activism and Activity
- Our Mission Depends on God Opening Doors through Prayer
- Why Fast? Just Six Excellent Reasons
- Dethroning King Stomach – Jentezen Franklin on Fasting
- Fasting – Key Lessons in Book by Ps Jentezen Franklin
- Pray for Us
- Fasting when you are Desperate for God
Top Posts and Pages
- 23hrs dead: She saw Famous People in Hell: Michael Jackson, Pope John Paul II, & others
- How to protect your home and break curses!
- Christian Testimonies - True Stories of God at Work
- Prayer To Remove Sex Demon Possession
- Quotes of Dying Atheists and God-Haters
- More Testimonies - Benefits of Fasting and Prayer
- Praying the Word against deception and spiritual blindness
- The Main Message of Jesus
- The Fear of the Lord - Bible Study
- Faith in God