I designed and started using a Survey to help churches and Christian people go from door to door in their community and find out what people think about key issues related to life and eternity. The survey will help people understand what people are thinking, what their felt needs are, and in some cases create opportunities to pray for people, or share the Good News with them. You are free to adapt this and use something like this for your own evangelistic outreaches should you wish to.
Spiritual Beliefs Survey
My name is _____________________ and this is _____ . We are from ___________________. Today we’re doing a survey about community needs and spiritual beliefs as part of our project to pray for the community. Would you mind taking a quick 3 minute survey to help us understand the community better?
- What do you see as the greatest need of society here today?
- What you think is the Purpose of Life?
- What do you think happens to a person when they die?
- Do you have any of the following?
Physical Pain? Financial Trouble?
Need a job? Drug Addiction in the Family?
Family trouble? Depression/Anxiety Issues?
Other (please specify)
- May we pray for that right now?
- Do you think you have been good enough to deserve to enter God’s heaven?
- Why do you believe Jesus died on the cross?
As an example for us to suffer, to be a martyr for a good cause
Never really happened
To take the punishment for our sins and bear our curse
- The Bible says that Jesus rose from the dead. What would it take for you to believe this is true?
Gospel Message You Could Share if appropriate
The Bible tells us that everyone has broken God’s law, and deserves punishment and rejection from God as a result. But instead of just rejecting us, God still loves us and made a way back to Him. The Bible teaches that Jesus being the Son of God died to pay for our sins and rose from the dead proving Himself to be the Son of God. Because of this your sins can be forgiven and you can know God if you trust Him and keep on trusting Him.
- Would you like to understand more of what the Bible teaches about Jesus and have a chance to experience a fresh start with God?
- What is your Name? After praying for you more, may we contact you?
Thank you for your participation in our survey. God bless you. We are here for you whenever you feel the need for prayer or connection with God’s love. Here is something for you. (Leave them with something they can use to connect with you again)
Note: Feel free to vary from this script if people ask a particularly pertinent question you feel qualified to answer. Also see if you get a chance to tell your story.
Other questions you could ask in the conversation:
What is your experience to date of church? Would you like to do a Bible study with me to learn more about the Bible and how it can help you? Would you be willing to check out our church? How could the church help meet your needs?